Kristin Roberts' Web Corner

CIS 145 Course Work
Chapter 9 Summary 

Module 9 went over the various types of e-commerce. It explored different websites in each e-commerce category. It also once again went over filtering and sorting techniques for better website navigation.
     A personal experience I have with B2B (Business-to-business) e-commerce is when I work with kombucha production. In order to sell bottles of kombucha to consumers, some things we need from other businesses include glass bottles, lids, green tea leaves, custom labels for the bottles, and plastic seals.
     I have used Amazon.com many times for gift items or even some necessities. This is mainly a B2C website. I have and pay for Amazon Prime which enables me to get 2 day and sometimes 1 day shipping for free. It also includes their prime video service. Other video services I use are Hulu, Netflix, and Peacock. We haven’t used cable television in over a decade. Overall, pairing our smartTV’s free channels along with our video streaming services has saved us a lot of money. Some of these companies offer bundling too. An example is Hulu which offers bundling packages with Disney+ and ESPN offering 2 or all 3 together for lower prices than individually. Some of these streaming services also offer discounts to verified students like me!
     I also use C2C e-commerce sometimes. Etsy.com is my go to place if I need a unique and specific item I can’t normally find elsewhere. There are so many handmade items to be found. My cousin who paints and lives in Florida even has a page on Etsy to sell her paintings. My children have a habit of liking things that are outdated such as the old Blue’s Clues show with Steve from when I was small. Ebay is an excellent place for finding used items. One year for Christmas, we were able to buy an old Blue’s Clues board game along with an authentic ‘Handy Dandy Notebook.'

<<back | next>>
{back to introduction}